From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jan Benson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 16:51:44 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:24:34 -0700
From: Jan Benson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: searching for old map of north pacific with creatures

Hi Folks,

  I am looking for a map to use for a web site on the north pacific.
The idea came up to use an old map with sea monsters and dragons.
This makes sense because we study living animals (marine mammals and
fish) and because we don't know a lot about some of these animals. Do
you have suggestions for such a map or on where to find such maps?

  I suspect my map may be hard to find since my study area is remote
(Alaska, Russia).  So, I am also thinking about re-creating such a map.
In that case, I would then need sea monsters and other creatures to
adorn my map.  Again, suggestions?

  Thanks in advance.

--
Jan Benson
GIS Coordinator                        email: [log in to unmask]