From:
William S Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 14:43:05 EDT
On Wed, 26 Apr 1995, Johnnie D. Sutherland wrote:

> 3 messages.--------------------------------Johnnie

>     : Tue, 25 Apr 1995 15:44:43 -0600 (MDT)
>     : Jim Robb <[log in to unmask]>
>        : Re: Looking for information on undergraduate programs.
>
> The University of Colorado Geography Dept. is in the process of creating
> a WWW site. Information on the Geography Dept., Professors, Cartography
> Lab, courses etc. can be found at:
>
> http://stripe.colorado.edu/~geoghp/depart/geoghp.html
>
> Thanks,
> JiM Robb
> Cartography Lab Dir.
> Univ. of CO, Geog. Dept.
>

> On Tue, 25 Apr 1995, Margie L. Graham wrote:

Just wanted to add George Mason University in Fairfax, VA. There is a
growing geography program which focuses on the techniccal...GIS and
Remote Sensing...and uses ARC/INFO among other things (IDRISI, Atlas GIS,
Erdas, Adobe stuff, ArcView, Surfer...hopefully MapInfo) Joe Wood is the
department chair and is exceptioanlly nice and helpful. This is not one
of the powerhouse programs but offers an excellent opportunity to learn
the techie stuff working with geography practitioners in the DC area.
Many go part time and work concurrently. Worth investigating

Will Mitchell    [log in to unmask]
part time grad student at GMU and part time GIS worker for US Bureau of Mines