From:
Nick Millea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 1995 14:50:28 EDT
Apologies to those subject to cross-posting.

Announcing.....
Launched at 16.00 on 21 July 1995, the Bodleian Library Map Room
home page, compiled by Nigel James, and now available at the
following site:

        http://rsl.ox.ac.uk/nnj/      (direct to the Map Room)

or      http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/boris/  (direct to the Bodleian)

The page includes graphics - maps selected from the collection,
(including the Gough Map); the Map Room's latest published monthly
Accessions List; a listing of all "open access" journals in the
Map Room; maps showing how to reach the Library; a general user
guide to the collection; and much more, along with pointers to
other sites with cartographic information.
There are a number of typos, but we hope to remove these over the
next few days.
Do feel free to contact us if you think we've missed something, or
would like to find out more.

Nick Millea
Map Curator, Bodleian Library, Broad Street, Oxford, OX1 3BG, UK
tel: +44 1865 277013; fax: +44 1865 277182; email: [log in to unmask]