From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 07:42:05 -0500
Subject:        Need aerial photos of Central Cordillera, Philippines
Date:   Wed, 02 Aug 2006 15:07:59 -1000
From:   Ross Togashi <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Greetings Maps-L,

A doctoral student in anthropology is searching for aerial photography (historical and current) of the Central Cordillera Highlands, Philippines.  As most of our S.E. Asian photography was damaged in our flash flood, we are hoping that someone out in "maps-land" might have some coverage within their own collection, and can provide copies for him.

The coordinates that he has given me are: 1875000N, 299000E

The student also mentioned that "previous mapping/land use classification conducted in this area was done by Harold Conklin in the 1960s and he used aerial photos then".

Please let me know if anyone has suggestions other than from NARA.  The student hopes to acquire images without paying too dearly.  Thank you very much!

Aloha,
Ross

Ross Togashi, Map Technician
University of Hawai`i at Manoa