From:
Ross Togashi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 19:41:01 EST
Dear Maps-L readers,

I've been reading with interest the email response and concerns
regarding Dr. Gunnar Thompson's "discovery".  I have forwarded
all related email appearing on Maps-L and MapHist to Dr. Thompson
at [log in to unmask]  If you have any further comments regarding
his claims, please email directly to Dr. Thompson at that email
address and not to me.  He now has email connection.

In light of the concerns (some addressed to me), I would like to
state that I am not in any way affiliated with Dr. Gunnar Thompson,
his claims, or the Multicultural Discovery Project, other than the
fact that we both happen to work at the University of Hawaii (in
different departments).

In addition, I would also like to apologize to anyone who feels
that my posting of the "press release" was in some way incorrect
or a breach of netiquette.  I posted the "press release" shortly
after receiving it and seeing the story picked up in a local
Honolulu newspaper.  It was my intention of posting it on this
listserve to disseminate information that I felt was newsworthy
and warranted further discussion.  My humble apologies to those
I may have offended.

Respectfully,
Ross Togashi
University of Hawaii at Manoa