From:
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 16:57:51 EDT
3 messages.----------------------------------Johnnie

>Date: Mon, 26 Aug 96 08:41:38 cst
>From: "judy buys" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: New publications of the U.S. Geological Survey

There is an online version at:
http://pubs.usgs.gov/publications/index.html

     Fellow map librarians,

     Ummm, am I the last one to know...since I am not a documents
     librarian...???

     Is the hard copy no longer available for the New Publiccations of the
     US Geological Survey?  Last one we saw was July 1995.

     Help! We use this as a selection tool, and need to have access to it.
     What is my alternative.

     Your friendly non-documents map librarian [who just happens to have
     documents in her collection...]

     Alice Hudson
     Map Division, NYPL

>Date: Mon, 26 Aug 96 15:17:15 -24000
>From: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: re: New publications of the U.S. Geological Survey

Alice:  Yes the New Pubs. List is now on the net.  The hard copy was getting
out of hand cost and publication numbers wise.  Try the www.usgs.gov.
Hopefully with it being put on line it is closer to real time than the
previous 3 to 4 months to get them published as before.

John Shanton
ESIC
Reston

>Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 12:46:28 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Peter Stark <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: New publications of the U.S. Geological Survey

Alice,
    Heard that the monthly "New Publications" has ceased and is only
available on the internet (USGS Homepage).  BUT:  the annual cumulation
will be printed in paper.  The latest annual volume that we have in
1994.  Each month I talk with ESIC in Menlo Park, California and ask
every time about the availability of the 1995.  Will let the list know
when I have one in my hands.

Peter Stark
Univ. of Oregon