From:
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:35:24 -0500
Subject: Air photos on glass plates
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:19:23 -0500
From: Coombs, James <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship'

Hey Guys,

Do any of you have a collection of aerial photographs on glass plates?
Our geology Dept. donated 36 boxes them to us. They were flown for USGS
in the '70s and '80s for quadrangle mapping in Missouri, and I guess
when they were done with them, they donated them to the university.
Since we don't have the old machine they used to view these things, I'm
planning to scan them and make digital copies.  But first I'm wondering
how unique this collection is.

Thanks,
Jim