From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:26:44 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L
Subject: Re: MAPS-L: Response Summary: Cataloging a print reproduction
of an electronic map
Date: Tues, 25 Oct 2005
From: Mary Larsgaard <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Depends on library cataloging policy;
some libraries use one record for
the original and the scan - and technically,
one could put in a 590 field noting that
one has scanned and plotted the map -
and then make a holdings record for
the plot, with the last line of the call #
being "plot."

If library cataloging policy is that
each physical object is to be cataloged
separately, then this would mean