From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kollen, Chris
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 15:58:56 -0500
I received the following inquiry last week:

I am trying to find a street name and house number map for 1940-1960 for
tiny street in Coney Island section of Brooklyn, NY, USA, Kings County. It
was parallel to W. 5 & W. 6 Streets and perpendicular to Nass Walk. It was
west of W. 5 St. and south of Nass Walk. It was centered at lat: 40.5788879
and lon: -73.9761887. The street no longer exists as it is covered with
newer construction. The house was a small detached home surrounded by a
neighborhood of tall tenements. Please advise me how to
find the information on this older map for my genealogy files. I am trying
to track my relatives who lived at this house and moved on.

In a later e-mail message she said that the street she's looking for is
either Stern Walk or Sands Walk.  We did have a map from the 1960's of
Brooklyn that was fairly detailed but did not show Nass, Stern or Sands
Walk.  Can anyone help her out?

Thanks

Chris Kollen

Chris Kollen