From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 2009 11:29:48 -0500
Subject:        FW: Re: BLM--Surface Management Status and Minerals Management
Status, Surface Managment Status series
Date:   Thu, 8 Oct 2009 11:23:28 -0500
From:   Booth, Arlyn <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

The grid is already in the USGS topo booklet index for each state. The
BLM surface and surface/mineral maps are all 1:100,000 scale so just use
the index in each booklet for the 100K topos. All the BLM surface and
surface/mineral management maps will be either A-1 or E-1. If both the
coordinates at the SE corner of the map are whole degrees the letter
will be A. If the southern coordinate at the SE corner is on the half
degree, i.e. something with a 30 seconds after it, the letter will be E.
But GPO is pretty good about getting the cataloging for these in OCLC
promptly so you shouldn't need to figure all this out for yourself.

Arlyn

Arlyn Booth
Map Coordinator
Illinois State Library
300 S. 2nd, Rm. 305
Springfield, IL  62701-1796
(217) 558-4140
FAX (217) 557-6737

Jesse White, Secretary of State & State Librarian