From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Iain Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 13:23:27 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 11:15:15 -0500
From: Iain Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: products and packages for a turn key map website
Sender: Iain Taylor <[log in to unmask]>

Could listers recommended a set of low end, middle and top of the line
packages of products and software for a starting out website for map
display, featuring the most acceptable present and future standards with
the best resolution and clarity in b&w and colour?

I would expect to have to purchase at least a digital camera, A3 scanner,
software such as Adobe paintshop, etc. I would expect to have to pay
between $3-6,000 US.

I have the feeling that things have come a long way very quickly.  How
outdated is any of this likely to become and how quickly?  Is now a good
time to jump or should one hold back for a while?

Any suggestions as to best sites or sources to go to for how-to tips,
product lines, etc. gratefully received.

Thanks

Iain Taylor
--- End Forwarded Message ---