From:
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2011 08:46:09 -0500
Subject: Re: Needed: map of Tibet
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:50:44 -0400
From: Russell Guy <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Hi;

The Gizimap is the "best" map of Tibet, although obviously not
"official".  As Ken pointed out it has pinyin and some chinese
character names (on the larger cities and geographic features).  I
have both the "geographic" (elevation color tinting) and the "road"
(without the elevation color tinting) versions in stock folded and
the road map version in stock as a flat map..

I also have in stock the Tibet "province" map by Star Maps (Planet
Maps), a Chinese military publisher.  It is in Chinese characters
only, ISBN 7801049357.

Sinomaps is very difficult to deal with and our experience is that
they almost never answers e-mails or faxes.

Cheers
Russell

At 02:49 PM 9/30/2011, you wrote:
> [...]

Russell Guy                             [log in to unmask]
Omnimap.com                             http://www.omnimap.com
P.O. Box 2096                           Tel.:  800-742-2677 (USA only)
1004 South Mebane St.                        Tel.:  336-227-8300
(International)
Burlington, NC 27216-2096 USA            Fax:  336-227-3748

Past President (1996) and Member, International Map Trade Association