From:
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 15:36:25 -0400
Subject: FW: Maps-L verbiage
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 16:33:08 -0500
From: Youngblood, Dawn <[log in to unmask]>

------------------

We are currently developing a survey instrument designed to gather
information about SMU's map library and map collections.  We plan to
distribute this survey to SMU students and faculty at some time during
the Fall 2004 semester.  Survey questions will focus more on the
visibility of the map library than on quality of service.  Our aim is to
establish if our clientele are aware of the map library, understand how
it may be accessed, and understand how its resources may be used.

If any list subscribers have ever developed and distributed a similar
survey, or adapted a standard survey tool for a similar purpose, we
would be most interested in hearing about your experience.  Please send
any comments or survey examples / samples directly to:

                Joe Milazzo
                Librarian, Government Information and Map Resources

Central University Libraries
Southern Methodist University
PO Box 0135 / 6414 Hilltop Lane
Dallas, TX  75275-0135