From:
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:21:18 -0400
Subject:        Re: Reproduction vs. facsimile cataloging and then
acquisitions question]]
Date:   Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:17:38 -0400
From:   Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>

Margarita:

My short answer is its a reproduction. Its certainly not a photocopy
(since this isn't what one is doing in this instance), but it is a type
photomechanical reproduction by using a printer/plotter to do this with.
In many ways it follows as a facsimile, see the definition in the
Glossary in Cartographic Materials: A Manual of Interpretation for
AACR2, 2002 Revision, although the "simulating the physical appearance
of the original" leaves this open-ended. I'd catalog this type of
material following the guidelines in the LC Map Cataloging Manual for
facsimiles and reproductions in I believe it is Chapter 8?...

Sincerely,

Paige Andrew