From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:07:22 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 14:26:47 -0500 (EST)
From: Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: CIA World map April 2000/802683A1 (R00349) 4-00 <fwd>
Sender: Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>

Alice,

First, congratulations on your award!

Second.  The pb number NTIS requires is their accession number, that they
assign to the items they make available.  It does appear on the cover or
first page of most of the documents they sell.  However, I've never seen
one on a CIA map.  Also, they don't appear on other publications available
from NTIS if the item was received from another source, such as USGS, US
GPO, or directly from the producing agency (as with CIA maps we get
through the LC Documents Expediting service).

Your experience seems odd to me, because usually the customer assistant
can look in their database to identify the pb number by the document
title.

The agency publishes a monthly abstract called Government Reports and
Announcements, that serves as an index to the items they make available.
It gives pb numbers.  The electronic database that you describe also
should give the number, as well. (I am not in the same location, nor even
same building, to look it up in our set.)

Ken
Ken Grabach                           <[log in to unmask]>
Maps Librarian                         Phone: 513-529-1726
Miami University Libraries
Oxford, Ohio  45056  USA

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Johnnie Sutherland wrote:

> [...]

--- End Forwarded Message ---