From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marsha L Selmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 15:07:25 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 15:34:11 -0600 (CST)
From: Marsha L Selmer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: GODORT Nominations to the Depository Library Council
Sender: Marsha L Selmer <[log in to unmask]>

The following message is being forwarded to Maps-L at the request of John
A. Shuler, Documents Librarian and Associate Professor, University of
Illinois at Chicago.

>Subject: A call for GODORT Nominations to the Public Printer's
Depository Library Council

>Greetings to everyone:
>
>As a member of ALA GODORT's Nominating Committee, I am calling on all of
>you to suggest names, or volunteer yourself, as a nominee from ALA to
>serve on the Public Printers Depository Library Council
>
>DLC Nominations are judged by GODORT Steering Committee members on the
>following criteria:
>
>1. Direct current experience relating to the Federal Depository Library
>Programs.
>
>2. Regular attendance at state, regional, local or national professional
>meetings of documents librarians.
>
>3. Demonstrated ability to work in a group and to follow through on
>professional obligations
>
>4. Knowledge of current information technologies.
>
>5. Familiarity with the current policies or operational issues relating
>the Federal Depository Library Program.
>
>If you are interested, please fill out the form found at
>
>http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/GODORT/nominating/
>
>Any questions and THIS INFORMATION MAY BE SUBMITTED TO THE NOMINATING
>COMMITTEE BY COMPLETING THE ABOVE FORM, OR THE INFORMATION MAY BE SENT BY
>E-MAIL (if possible)
>      TO: [log in to unmask]
>
>      Arlene A. Weible
>      GODORT Nominating Committee Chair
>      Federal Depository Coordinator
>      Washington State Library
>      Government Publications
>      PO Box 42460 Olympia, WA 98504
>      phone: (360) 704-5225 fax: (360) 664-0424
>      e-mail: [log in to unmask]
>

>Thanks for your collective and individual assistance with this effort.

_____________________________________
Marsha L. Selmer
Map Librarian and Associate Professor
University of Illinois at Chicago