From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debellis, Jane M.
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:07:16 -0500
>Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 18:39:28 -0600
>From: "Debellis, Jane M." <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: -- No Subject --
>Sender: "Debellis, Jane M." <[log in to unmask]>

Position:  Government Documents Coordinator
Location:  Columbia, Missouri

The University of Missouri-Columbia (MU) Libraries is seeking qualified
applicants for the position of Government Documents Coordinator. Principal
duties include primary responsibilities for the administration of the
Federal and Missouri State document collections; the planning and
developing of the electronic and print collections through the process of
selection, organization, maintenance, bibliographic control and reference;
and, planning and implementation of programs which enable users to be aware
of and effectively use the collection. Government Documents is a department
within the Reference Division and coordinates policies and procedures and
shares information concerning documents with Reference. The individual in
this position also serves as the Regional Librarian in Missouri for the
Federal Depository Library Program.

REQUIREMENTS:  Requires a Master's degree from an ALA-accredited program;
two years experience with government information; experience with
government electronic information sources including CD-ROM and INTERNET.
Preferred requirements include work experience in an academic library,
knowledge of microcomputer applications, instruction and supervisory
experience. Additional skills include the ability to communicate well
orally and in writing and ability to work well with colleagues and a
diverse clientele

 MINIMUM SALARY:  Librarian II: $32,500; Librarian III: $35,500 for 12
months commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include vested
retirement after five years, University medical benefits package, and other
normal fringe benefits including 75% tuition waiver.

SETTING:  MU was established in Columbia in 1839. It is one of the five
most comprehensive universities in the nation, with over 250 degree
programs. The MU Libraries belong to ARL, serve a student body of 22,000+
and a faculty of 1,800 with a collection of 2.8+ million volumes and 6.45+
million microforms. Columbia is in the middle of the state on I-70, only 2
hours from St. Louis and Kansas City, and 1.5 hours from the Lake of the
Ozarks major recreational area. MU and two other colleges provide superb
cultural events. According to the American Chamber of Commerce Researchers
Association (ACCRA) composite index, the cost of living in Columbia is very
reasonable when compared with other university communities. Columbia has
been named in the top 20 cities in the US by Money magazine in recent years.

Screening begins: April 12, 1999         Available: July 1, 1999

Send letter of application, resume, and the names and addresses of three
references to:

        Julie Deters
        Senior Secretary
        104 Ellis Library
        University of Missouri-Columbia
        Columbia, MO  65201-5149.

For ADA accommodations during the application process, please call
573-882-4701. Relay Missouri users call through 1-800-735-2966.  EEO/AA,
M/F/D/V.