From:
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2011 08:30:50 -0500
Subject:        Map Cataloging Webinar (ALA)
Date:   Wed, 29 Jun 2011 14:34:19 +0000
From:   Gonzalez,Jorge A <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

Hello to all of you plus those showing interest in the Map Cataloging
Webinar at ALA.

There are several caveats to the map cataloging basics webinar:

It is about 40-45 minutes long

There were a couple of technical glitches at the beginning, but then it
goes pretty smoothly

It is about introducing someone to the basics of map cataloging (it is a
great introduction, even if I say so)

It glosses over genre headings, but gets into addressing all fields
pertinent to map cataloging while addressing differences with book
cataloging.

I will appreciate any and all feedback about both the webinar itself and
content. It is my first webinar and I would like to improve upon it and
make a better one and then how another one at a more advanced level.

Also, I have a version of it on powerpoint, if you are interested in a
copy let me know. And if you have any questions about map cataloging or
the webinar or about having a workship, please do not hesitate to ask.

When you click on this link it will ask you to open up a JNLP file to
run the webinar.

Webinar:
https://sas.elluminate.com/p.jnlp?psid=2011-03-31.1132.M.BD059926592E2A1CBDC74789BD37DF.vcr&sid=2009453

<https://sas.elluminate.com/p.jnlp?psid=2011-03-31.1132.M.BD059926592E2A1CBDC74789BD37DF.vcr&sid=2009453>

Thanks to all of you for your interest in the map cataloging webinar.

*Jorge A. González P.*

*Library Associate II, Chief Map Cataloger*

*Contributed Cataloging*

*Cataloging and Metadata Department*

*300 Smathers Library*

*University of Florida*

*P.O. Box 117007*

*Gainesville, FL 32611-7007*

*[log in to unmask]* <mailto:[log in to unmask]>**

*Ph. 352.273.2719*

*Fax 352.392.7365*