From:
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2012 08:23:07 -0500
Subject:        Re: Grabbling google map (et al) images out in the field
Date:   Wed, 23 May 2012 09:17:14 -0400
From:   Marcy Bidney <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

Kathleen,
I would definitely go with the ipad due to the portability. You can also
just take a screen shot without the app - I just tested it on mine and
the imagery was also captured. Depending on what he wants though screen
shot outside of the app might not be ideal since it also captures the
top menu bar and the little page flip up in the corner of the map. The
app certainly has more functionality in terms of being able to add
markers as well. I checked the App Store to see what people were saying
about it but it doesn't have any ratings yet but for $1.99 it is
probably worth a try.

Hope this helps some...
Marcy

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Angie Cope, American Geographical