From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2008 16:05:11 -0600
Subject:        Re: election cartograms
Date:   Fri, 07 Nov 2008 17:00:09 -0500
From:   Michael McDonnell <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Laurel:

The cartograms are fun.  That kind of map used to be very difficult
to make.  Then these physicists at the University of Michigan
developed this computer program.  I forget what they were trying to
do when they developed it.  I know it had nothing to do with maps.

We just received an atlas of these cartograms titled THE ATLAS OF
THE REAL WORLD if you want to see more maps like them.

G1021.D586 2008 (Map)

Michael McDonnell