Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2007 10:25:41 -0500
Subject:        RE: Folded vs. flat
Date:   Tue, 9 Oct 2007 11:22:02 -0400
From:   April Carlucci <[log in to unmask]>
To:     'Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum' <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Hallie

Your question has generated some interesting examples of how this sticky
issue is handled in various collections. For a general discussion of flat vs
folded, see my article "Physical Considerations of the Storage of Printed
Cartographic Materials in Libraries, or, My Life in a Map Case" which
appeared in the Map Curators' Group special issue of The Cartographic
Journal, volume 42, Number 3, December 2005, pp. 245-254. I hope you find it
helpful.

Regards
April Carlucci