From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 14:59:39 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 09:34:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: Linda Newman <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Update on WAML and GIS/GSA conferences

Update on Reno WAML and GSA/GIS conferences:

The web site is fully functional with Registration for WAML and Joint
WAML/GIS Field Trip information.:
http://www.delamare.unr.edu/Maps/WAML/Meetng.htm

Reno is *not* a big city and air seats are more limited than any other GSA
hosting site. I urge you to make your reservations sooner, not later-
If you are coming primarily for the GSA conference but plan to arrive in
time for the field trip (Sat. Nov. 11th), you might also want to come in
time Friday to attend the WAML `banquet' (very informal-) Friday evening
at the Silver Peak Restaurant and Brewery (excellent food!); our special
guest is one of the surviving members of the Donner Party...
The banquet is limited to 50; you need to use the WAML registration form
to sign up for the dinner but you do not need to pay the registration fee
for WAML to attend the dinner or the field trip.
You may sign up for the field trip on *either* the field trip
site/form or the WAML registration page.
Paper registration materials for the WAML conference will be mailed right
after Labor Day. If you are not a member of WAML but wish to receive the
mailing, please let me know your address. It will contain nothing more
than is on the web site except a map.
I will be preparing a `favorite restaurant' list for the GSA/GIS attendees
and will post it later and distribute it at the meeting.

Have I confused you more? Questions?  Just ask-
Linda Newman