From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:55:13 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:51:01 -0500
From: Duane Marble <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Lat/Long help! <fwd>
Sender: Duane Marble <[log in to unmask]>

I had no problem with the Montana link, but in looking at the
basis for the PLSS conversion I found that only fairly generalized
results can be obtained. This is based upon the use of the 1:100K
originals and certain assumptions about the "regular" structure of
the PLSS.

As an aside, one of the oil companies some years ago extended
what they called "psuedo-Jeffersonian" coordinates to selected areas
of interest outside of the traditional PLSS area.  So some data for
portions of the Applachians exists in "PLSS" coordinates!

--
Dr. Duane F. Marble
Professor Emeritus of Geography            Telephone:  614-292-4419

--- End Forwarded Message ---