Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:05:52 -0500
Perhaps of interest ...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Website Update - Britain In Maps
Date:   Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:00:44 +0100
From:   Jonathan Potter Limited <[log in to unmask]>
To:     maps-l

Dear Map Enthusiasts,

Jonathan Potter Limited has updated its website with an exciting
selection of maps from our ongoing exhibition, *Britain In Maps*.

The maps are on display here in the gallery and may also be viewed on
our website at http://www.jpmaps.co.uk/maps/region.10

The theme of this exhibition encompasses maps of the British Isles and
its roads.  The selection displayed includes some of the earliest
depictions of the British Isles, a group of miniature maps from popular,
early seventeenth-century pocket atlases, a particularly handsome issue
of John Adam's distance map and other rare, decorative and interesting
maps from a period spanning four centuries.

Should you wish to further your reading on the subject of maps of the
British Isles and its roads, books by Rodney Shirley and Francis Bennett
are also highlighted on our website at
http://www.jpmaps.co.uk/featuredbook and are available for sale from us
directly.  Both "Early Printed Maps Of The British Isles" by Shirley and
"Road-Books, Road-Maps & Itineraries Of Great Britain 1535 To 1850" by
Bennett detail many of the maps from this current selection.

We shall look forward to hearing from you.

With best wishes,
Jonathan Potter Limited
125 New Bond Street, London, W1S 1DY
email [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Tel: +44 (0)20 7491 3520
Fax: +44 (0)20 7491 9754
web site www.jpmaps.co.uk <http://www.jpmaps.co.uk>

Member of ABA, BADA, LAPADA & PBFA

Company Registered No. 1253609 (England)