Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 21:12:19 EST
This message was sent to the list by Larry Cruse.--------Johnnie

Library Security Officers:
     This message is being forwarded from EXLIBRIS.  FYI Johns Hopkins
University has contacted the FBI.  Susan

> On December 7, Gilbert Joseph Bland, Jr. was apprehended removing maps
> from eighteenth century books at the George Peabody Library of The Johns
> Hopkins University in Baltimore.
>
> Bland was using the alias James Perry.  He is a white male, 46 years of
> age, 5' 9 or 10", with light brown hair (receeding) and a light brown
> moustache.  A photograph is available.
>
> When apprehended, Bland presented a Florida driver's license.  In lieu of
> pressing chares, the library accepted payment for damages, and Bland was
> released.  Since his release, we have reason to believe that Bland has
> visited other research libraries in the mid-Atlantic region.
>
> Cynthia H. Requardt
> Kurrelmeyer Curator of Special Collections
> Johns Hopkins University
> 410-516-5493

Susan M. Allen, Director of Libraries and Media Services
Kalamazoo College Library, 1200 Academy Street
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49006-3285
616-337-7149; FAX 616-337-7143; E-mail: [log in to unmask]