From:
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:48:25 -0400
Subject: use of epi info mapping
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:39:07 -0400
From: Gene Shackman <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

------------------

Hi all

I went to the epiinfo map site
http://www.cdc.gov/epiinfo/maps.htm

I was trying to look for some screen shots to see what kinds of maps could
be made, but didn't see any.  Some of the things we do are like showing
number of children in poverty by county, or, in a particular county, number
of children in poverty by zip code. I usually cut and paste the maps to
powerpoint so they are easier to share.

Does epiinfo map can do that kind of thing? Could we use Epiinfo map
software in further spatial statistical analysis, or the results from
epiinfo maps? Would epiinfo map results be usable with SatScan for example?
If we wanted to post some maps to the web could we save maps as gif files
pdf files from EpiInfo maps?

Do a lot of people use Epi Info mapping software? In public health? In
federal or state govt? Any maps made with EpiInfo on the web that I could
look at?

Thanks

Gene

Gene Shackman, Ph.D.
Evaluation and Analysis Unit
NYS DOH - Division of Nutrition
150 Broadway, FL6 West
Albany NY 12204
518 402 7304      gxs03 at health.state.ny.us
Applied Sociologist - Finding Solutions For Society