Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:51:42 -0600
Subject: RE:      : Delisle Island,. Thailand
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:44:01 -0000
From: Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum
CC: obiwon five <[log in to unmask]>

Hi, Obiwon5!

Merely an (admittedly) preliminary search produces
- as suspected - two
Delisle Islands, each with references to different
Thai names at two
different locations:-

1) Koh Piam : N 9 degrees 45 minutes/E 98 degrees
25 minutes

2) Goh Piam: N 9 degrees 40 minutes/E 98 degrees
20 minutes

[source:] Gazetteer to maps of Thailand / compiled
under the supervision
of the United States Board on Geographic Names. -
December 1944 [ed.]. -
Washington DC : Army Map Service, War Department
[, 1944?]. - xiv,972p.,
[4] leaves (fold.) of plates : col. maps ; 23 cm

Can you/anyone else take it from here, or shoud I
check AMS maps and/or
US/British nautical charts etc.?

Francis Herbert