From:
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1993 11:36:58 EDT
Two messages on the large-format copier discussion.-------Johnnie

-----------------------------

      Thu, 30 Sep 93 14:55:58 CDT
      christopher winters <[log in to unmask]>
         Re: Large-format copier

There's a large-format copier at the new downtown Chicago Public Library,
but I understand they've had to limit use.

Chris Winters
University of Chicago Library

Bitnet:          uclwint@uchimvs1
Internet:        [log in to unmask]

      Thu Sep 30 15:55:39 EDT 1993
         Re: Large-format copier

Is it just me? I'm getting a bit antsy with the prospect of carrying triple
oversize atlases across town so a student or anyone else can have an xc. Just
sometimes isn't it appropriate not to copy items for preservation purposes,
not to mention the dreaded copyright? Plus, staff time and costs involved in
going offsite seems exorbitant. I mean, sometimes don't you just have to say
no, it can't be done, here are some alternatives? Alice H., nypl.