From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia R. Hetrick
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 11:44:55 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 22:36:26 -0800
From: "Virginia R. Hetrick" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Africa image

Have you taken a look at some of the imagery taken as part of the manned
spacecraft programs in the 70's and 80's?  There's the classic image of
the area of Eritrea, Somalia, etc. and I'd bet there's an equivalent
image someplace of the continent as a whole.  Since I'm not a librarian
I haven't a clue where to start looking though.  Maybe somebody else
could make a (polite) suggestion?

The other thing that might be a possibility would be to get the
mosaicked Landsat image from GE and permission to blow it up to the
desired size.  I have no idea whether the mosaicking would be
objectionable.

HTH.

vh
--
\ /     Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
 0      Voicemail:  310.471.1766