From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 16:36:10 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:24:13 -0800 (PST)
From: GOVDOC-L <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: GODORT Publications needs your help
Sender: GOVDOC-L <[log in to unmask]>

**Please forgive the cross-posting**

Hi Folks,

I am wearing yet another hat and am asking for you to think about the
GODORT Publications Committee's Notable Documents Panel?  Do you think you
know what makes a notable document?  This committee is seeking
applications (please be brief) from folks who are interested in serving as
the Chair of the Notable Documents Panel.  This position requires a lot of
patience, commitment, and time especially between Midwinter and Annual
conferences.  The Chair of the NDP is responsible for "who will seek and
coordinate participation from the Federal, International, and State and
Local Documents Task Forces, and Liaison to GODORT Affiliates,
particularly in the nomination publicity processes."  For more details
related to this position, please check out the Notable Documents Panel
description of responsibilities in the GODORT Policies and Procedures
Manual at http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/GODORT/PPM/ch18.html#VII
Yes, you must be a member of GODORT to apply.  The chair sits on the
Publications Committee as a voting member.

To apply, please submit a brief, one page, letter of interest in this
position, relevant experience and/or a current resume.  Include your name
and contact information.

To nominate someone, please first make certain they are interested in this
position. Then submit their name, contact information, and a justification
as to their experience and/or current resume.

To be considered, all nominations or applications must be sent to me or
Debora Cheney no later than April 10, 2000 by 5pm.  Please send via email
or fax rather than snail mail due to the time limits.

Oh, I almost forgot, this position is receives a $250.00 stipend from
Library Journal.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me or
Debora Cheney.  See below for contact information.

Thank you,
Aimee

Aimee Piscitelli Quinn, Chair GODORT, Publications
        fax: 702-895-1571
        email:  [log in to unmask]

Debora Cheney, Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect, GODORT Publications
        fax: 814-863-1403
        e-mail: [log in to unmask]
--- End Forwarded Message ---