From:
"A. Cope" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:34:56 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I thought it would be kind of interesting if we all share ideas about
kinds of student projects going on in our map libraries. I'm curious if
you have projects that you have students work on each year during down
times (summers, spring breaks, etc.) or if you've just had some
interesting student projects going on.

For example, beyond shelf reading - what kinds of things do students do?
Inventorying certain collections and if so, which collections?
Systematically replacing folders? Relabeling drawers? Converting data
files into alternate formats? Scanning and plotting maps for preservation?

Send me your information and I'll compile a reply to share with the
list. Let me know if you want your name used in my final "report" or not.

Thanks all.

Angie