From:
Hal Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 1995 17:15:06 EDT
SUBJECT:   KOREAN WAR ERA MAPS

FROM:      Hal Barker
           Dallas, Texas

           B.A. History, North Carolina State University
           Korean War Project

Greetings:

Since 1979, I have been working on a historical study of the Korean
War. Along the way, I helped found the Korean War Veterans Memorial in
Washington, D.C.. The Memorial will be dedicated by President Clinton
on July 27, 1995, in the shadow of the Lincoln Memorial on the Mall.

This past February, I set up the Korean War Project Home Page, and have
had tremendous response, over 100,000 hits to date.

I need help finding Korean War Era maps of all kinds.

If anyone has online maps from this period, I would very much like
to hear about them, as I have set up a specific area for such
maps. I already have a number of tactical maps, and have scanned
portions of these maps into the pages.

I'm also interested in general map holdings, even if they are not
scanned. The goal is to identify libraries and depositories where
researchers may physically examine maps. I need help.

Hal Barker

Hal Barker, Dallas, Texas  B.A. History, N.C.S.U. 1973
Honorary Life Member - 23d Infantry Regiment, Korean War Branch
Founder - Korean War Veterans Memorial Trust Fund, Wash. D.C.
[log in to unmask]     Amateur Radio WD0HTG, ex WA4AQE

SEE: Korean War Project at http://www.onramp.net/~hbarker