From:
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2012 08:11:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Image fee for mobile apps
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 08:05:31 -0500
From: Angie Cope, American Geographical Society Library, UW Milwaukee
To: Maps-L <[log in to unmask]>

The maps are from the 1860s and not copyright protected. We would
provide high res. tiff images for the user who is creating a mobile
application for ... IPhones, etc.

We charge a usage fee when customers use our materials for publication.
We've never had anyone request and image for publication or use in a
mobile app. - normally it's use in movies, television, books, atlases,
etc. - the normal type stuff.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had experience with this new technology
and if you treat it similar to other usage requests or if there is some
advice for us.

Thanks again for your attention and help.

Angie