From:
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2012 08:06:57 -0500
Subject: Fwd: New Bill in Congress -- Map It Once, Use it Many Times Act
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:58:01 -0500 (CDT)
From: Linda R Zellmer <[log in to unmask]>
To: Map&AirPhotoDiscussionList <[log in to unmask]>,        Geonet
listserv <[log in to unmask]>

Hello,

Katie Lage shared this with the CUAC membership. I thought that I would
share it with you.

It was introduced by Congressman Doug Lamborn (R-CO). The full title of
the bill is:

To establish the National Geospatial Technology Administration within
the United States Geological Survey to enhance the use of geospatial
data, products, technology, and services, to increase the economy and
efficiency of Federal geospatial activities, and for other purposes.

News items can be found at:

http://apb.directionsmag.com/entry/congressman-introduces-map-it-once-use-it-many-times-act/240733

http://lamborn.house.gov/index.cfm?sectionid=188&parentid=22&sectiontree=21,22,188&itemid=1004

The full bill information can be found in THOMAS:
http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.uscongress/legislation.112hr4233. Let me know if
there is anything that you want me to do. Linda Zellmer

--
Linda Zellmer
Government Information & Data Services Librarian