From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:45:08 -0400
Subject: Re: GMD for maps
   Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:24:23 -0400
   From: Tim Strawn <[log in to unmask]>

Chris:
The use of the GMD is optional for maps (See AACR2 or AACR2 2003
Revision, Rule 3.1C).  If one employs the option then one is governed by
instructions in 1.1C.  There one found (in the 'old' AACR2) 2 lists
--one for use by folks in Britain ("cartographic material") and List 2
for use by Americans, et. al. ("map"). In the 2003 AACR2 Revised, the
term "map" from List 2 has been replaced by "cartographic material"
--lending some consistency to the option.
For the use of the period, see again either AACR2 1.0C
Best,
Tim

At 03:43 PM 7/9/03 -0400, you wrote:

> [...]

Tim Strawn