From:
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2013 08:31:55 -0500
Subject: RE: geologic feature in Turkey
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 12:20:04 -0400
From: Coltman, Ted <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Is the patron interested specifically in the approximately circular area
(diam. ~ 125m) at the western end of Balan Sokak that is of apparently
lower elevation than the surrounding surfaces? I am not a geologist, but
both that area and similar but smaller areas about 1250m to the
southwest look as if they might be sinkholes, in which the subsidence
was the result of subterranean rather than surface erosion.

Edward (Ted) Coltman
122 Sixth Street SE
Washington DC 20003-1132
office +1 202 879 9670