From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 15:34:03 -0500
Several message saying Nunavut is a territory not a province.
Johnnie

(Message 1)

:-)
ok..
I can't resist :-)
yes..the announcment is right...there is a new territory, and new
codes for Nunavut (with the NWT codes staying as is...)
but...
Nunavut is not officially a province..
it is still a territory, run by a territorial government (I could
describ the differences in government structure, functions and
relationships with the federal government...but hey :-)...

just a minor correction of geographical fact:-)
(yes..they call me picky!)

ps...the offical "birthday" for Nunavut is April 1st, 1999

now...who picked that "foolish" date :-)

check out NUNANET.cOM

James C. Boxall, Map Curator
Map Collection, Killam Library
Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada   B3H 4H8
902-494-3757 (tel)
902-494-2062 (fax)
www.library.dal.ca/science/mapcoll.html

President, Association of Canadian
Map Libraries and Archives

(Message 2)

Clarification: Nunavut is not a province of Canada but a new territory as of
April 1st 1999.

Sincerely,

Irène Kumar,
Information Services/Services d'information
Earth Sciences Information Centre/Centre d'information sur les sciences de
la Terre,
Room 121, 615 Booth Street/Pièce 121, 615 rue Booth,
Ottawa, ON K1A 0E9
CANADA

email: [log in to unmask]
tel.: (613) 947-3326