From:
Michael Holt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2016 20:53:00 -0400
I have "Supplemental Map - Routes through Richmond, Virginia."  It was
drawn in 1950 and my copy was last updated in 1955.  It depicts the
major roads that go all the way through the city proper.   The map is 26
inches wide and 21 inches high; the orientation is taken from the
orientation legend and the street names.  I cannot believe the
difference between height and width is due to any difference in the
city's layout: it's just not much different in real life.  Is having
north to the left a convention on older city traffic maps?

Michael Holt

---