From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Wyant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:48:19 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:58:07 -0700 (MST)
From: Mary Wyant <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: new Afghanistan map <fwd>
Sender: Mary Wyant <[log in to unmask]>

I have been meaning to write to the list let you all know about this map
of Afghanistan and am glad Linda sent out this message, it spurred me on.
It is a beautiful map which includes a time line of Afghan history and
some demographic information. The publisher is a local Albuquerque man,
Abdul Ayazi. He is an engineer and created the map in his spare time over
the last three years because he was not satisified with the maps of his
country that the large publishers have produced. He intended it just for
family and friends and other Afghans living in the United States but after
September 11th word started getting out and he is getting alot of requests
for it. He dropped off a couple of copies for our map collection the other
day and it was very interesting to talk to him.  He claims it is very
accurate and although I certainly can't verify that, it does seem more
detailed than the other maps we have of Afghanistan in our collection.
~~
Mary Wyant
Map and Geographic Information Center
Centennial Science and Engineering Library
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Johnnie Sutherland wrote:

> [...]

--- End Forwarded Message ---