From:
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 14:35:16 -0400
Subject: Copyright of DRGs (fwd)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:07:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: Lily Wai <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Thank you all for responding to my inquiry regarding copyright issue for
GIS data.  The message below about the Florida's case is very similar to
what I have to face here.  All the data we provide on INSIDE Idaho are
public domain; some of the data have been enhanced, and projection
modified, or value-added, etc, but neverthless they are public domain data
on a clearinghouse site.  We do have restrictions for SPOT imagery data
under the state license agreement and it is clearly stated about the
copyright restrictions.  The local and county data availabe on our site
are only those considered by counties to be public domain.  I guess I will
go by the Florida Attorney General ruling and let it go that way without
opening up another legal can of worms.

Lily Wai, INSIDE Idaho Project Director   Phone: 208-885-6344
Professor, Head of Government Documents   Fax:   208-885-6817
University of Idaho Library (0135)        E-Mail:[log in to unmask]
Rayburn Street                            http://www.lib.uidaho.edu/govdoc
Moscow, Idaho 83844-2353                  http://inside.uidaho.edu