From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maps, Air Photo & GIS Forum
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 2009 08:11:35 -0600
Newberry Library Fellowships in the Humanities, 2010-2011

The Newberry's fellowships support humanities research in our collections.
Our collections are wide-ranging, rich, and sometimes a little eccentric.
If you study the humanities, chances are good we have something for you.  We
promise you remarkable collections; a lively interdisciplinary community of
researchers; individual consultations on your research with staff curators,
librarians, and scholars; and an array of scholarly and public programs.

LONG-TERM FELLOWSHIPS

Long-term fellowships support research and writing by scholars with a
doctorate.  Fellowship terms range from six to eleven months with stipends
of up to $50,400.  Deadline: January 11, 2010.

SHORT-TERM FELLOWSHIPS

Ph.D. candidates and post-doctoral scholars are eligible for short-term
travel-to-collections fellowships.  These are usually awarded for a period
of one month. Most are restricted to scholars who live and work outside the
Chicago area.  Stipends are $1600 per month.

NEW:   We invite short-term fellowship applications from teams of two or
three scholars who plan to collaborate intensively on a single, substantive
project.  The stipend is $1600 per fellow per month.  Teams should submit a
single application, including cover sheets and CVs from each member.

Deadline: March 1, 2010.

For more information or to download application materials, visit our website
at: http://www.newberry.org/research/felshp/fellowshome.html

Or contact:
Research and Education
The Newberry Library