From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 08:32:08 -0600
Subject:        RE: 1943 aerial maps of the USA done by the Army
Date:   Wed, 7 Jan 2009 08:04:40 -0500
From:   Curtis, Gwen <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

National Archives' Special List No. 25 "Aerial Photographs in the National Archives," published in 1973, lists by state, county and year their holdings of air photos from various government agencies.  The coverage for South Dakota dates from 1937-1941.  I can check the list for a particular county, or fax the pages covering South Dakota to you, if your library doesn't have a copy of the list.  -- Gwen

Gwen Curtis
University of Kentucky Libraries
Science Library Map Collection
410C King Library Addition