From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 09:31:57 -0500
Hello Maps-L:
     Recently this question came in via e-mail about cartography
software.  I do not have a good answer for the question.  Does anyone on
Maps-L?
Johnnie Sutherland
Curator of Maps
University of Georgia

XXXXXX Question XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I work for the Southeastern Power Administration, which is an agency
under the Department of Energy responsible for marketing electric power
generated at Federal dams in 10 states.  We have need for maps for
internal use, presentations, and publication in our annual reports, web
site, etc.

Most of the mapping software I have found is either a) too complex for
our needs, or b)  appropriate for street maps, which do not fit our
needs.

Can you recommend
        a) mapping software that might be appropriate for us, and/or

        b) a freelance Cartographer who can do the maps for us?

Our web site is http://www.sepa.fed.us.  There are maps on our web site
that I believe need to be improved, and our annual report can be
downloaded from our web site as well.  These should give you an idea of
the kind of maps I am looking for.

Thank you for your time.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
JW

J. W. Smith
Southeastern Power Administration