From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2010 08:55:29 -0500
Subject:        [Geonet] US Bureau of Mines Digitization Project by TRAIL
Date:   Tue, 27 Apr 2010 17:16:52 -0500
From:   Patricia Elaine Kirkwood <[log in to unmask]>

Call for digitization ready content ­- - United States Bureau of Mines

TRAIL is completing our digitization project for ALL United States
Bureau of Mines Publications.  The digital image will be available
freely on the web with foldouts and odd sized information.  However, we
still NEED some Technical Papers (22 items needed); Information
Circulars (about 650 items needed) ; and Reports of Investigation (237
items needed) to complete these three important series.

If you have paper versions of any of the reports that you would be
willing to donate to this project please contact me (Patricia Kirkwood;
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

TRAIL has already processed for digitization the following series from
the USBM

Technical Progress Reports

Economic Papers

Mineral Issues

Miners Circulars

Mineral Perspectives

Bulletins

Currently we have a pilot site that includes most USBM Bulletins as well
as some other series:
http://digicoll.manoa.hawaii.edu/techreports/index.php?c=1

(Of course, the Minerals Yearbook is available from USGS at:
http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/myb.html and TRAIL will not
digitize that series)

________________________________

For more information about series status including the latest
inventories, please take a look at our Processing Database at:
http://traildb.library.arizona.edu/

More information about TRAIL can be found at:
http://www.gwla.org/technical-reports-archives-and-image-library-trail

And you can track our calls for materials by following my infrequent
blog posts at:  http://trailproject.blogspot.com/

Patricia Kirkwood

TRAIL Collection Working Group Leader

_________________________

University of Arkansas Libraries

Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics  Librarian

ENGR Hall 320

phone: 479-575-2480

http://libinfo.uark.edu/engineering

Patricia E. Kirkwood

Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics  Librarian

ENGR Hall 320

University of Arkansas Libraries

phone: 479-575-2480

email: [log in to unmask]