Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:44:22 -0500
Subject:        Re: San Diego Public library
Date:   Wed, 24 Oct 2007 13:48:21 -0400
From:   [log in to unmask]
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

The main San Diego library is about a mile from the stadium where a lot of
people are temporarily housed.  My friend on staff says everyone who can is
expected to work. Her house is ok, but she knows one or two staffers have
been burnt out.

Unlike the news portrayals, the entire city of San Diego is NOT in flames.
But with the weather conditions...

 It reminds me of 9/11 when my family in Michigan thought the entire city
of NY had been destroyed after the WTC buildings fell. From the narrow view
we get on that little old tv screen, perceptions cansometimes be way off.

Alice C. Hudson
Chief, The Lionel Pincus & Princess Firyal Map Division
The Humanities and Social Sciences Library
The New York Public Library
5th Avenue & 42nd Street, Room 117
New York, NY 10018-2788

[log in to unmask], 212-930-0589, fax 212-930-0027

Hours: 1-7:30 Tu & Wed, 1-6 Thurs-Sat.    Closed Sun, Mon.

http://nypl.org/research/chss/map/map.html