From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:05:00 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject: MAPS-L: Help with zoning maps
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005
From: Carlucci, April <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Hello Kate

This sounds like a messy one. My suggestion would be to use the latest
date on the map (sounds like it would be the latest amendment date) in
the 260 and then give the other dates, with explanations, in a note. The
last time the map was amended is when it was produced--or published--but
the additional information will be of use to your readers.

In Cartographic Materials, the most relevant rules are:

4F4 which instructs to add the date of distribution if considered
significant by the cataloging agency (the map was distributed after the
latest amendment and this is significant);
4F7 where the application 1e and the "do not consider" instruction at d
are helpful; and
7B9 about making notes about publication.

That's my idea anyway. Let's see what others say!

Regards
April Carlucci
Cataloguing Manager and Curator of Modern Maps
British Library Map Collections