From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2011 14:04:35 -0600
Subject:        Re: Canadian Nautical Charts
Date:   Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:33:20 -0600
From:   Marilyn Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Air Photo GIS Forum - Map Librarianship Maps <[log in to unmask]>

Hello.

I won't attempt to answer the question because I'm no expert and I could
be wrong, but there was a release on February 9th about copyright and
government publications in Canada which might be very useful:
http://publications.gc.ca/site/eng/news/whatsNew.html#a20101203 :
Great news! Crown Copyright and Licensing (CCL) is pleased to announce
that permission to reproduce Government of Canada works is no longer
required
<http://publications.gc.ca/site/eng/ccl/aboutCrownCopyright.html#permission_not_required>,

in part or in whole, and by any means, for personal or public
non-commercial purposes, or for cost-recovery purposes, unless otherwise
specified in the material you wish to reproduce.

Marilyn Andrews
Data Librarian
Official Contact to the DLI
Official Representative to the ICPSR