From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:16:19 -0500
Subject:        Many Thanks - Re: Map Cabinets - How High?
Date:   Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:01:53 -0500
From:   Christopher Mixon <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

Greetings,

Thanks for all of the valuable info about stacking map cabinets. I was
surprised at the number of responses. If only my coworkers were that
responsive - er wait on second thought.....

At this point I think we have decided against going over three units
high. Structurally we would be fine. The idea though of ruining a
cabinet is bad enough but injury liability scares us more. Plus, we like
that we can see over the cabinets and use the tops to place items such
as globes, maps to be refiled, etc.

A more sinister reason might be that if we free up floor space, someone
might get ideas for taking it over.

Here's a fun time killer to show my appreciation:
http://www.nsanelabs.com/site/content/category/4/13/31/

___________________________

Chris Mixon
Media & Digital Resource Lab