From:
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:43:35 -0500
Subject: RE: 1920s Christian county Missouri road map
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:35:44 -0500
From: Coombs, James <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship'

Thanks to all of you for your help with this. A few of you mentioned the
1930s plat book that's online, and that's a great resource, but
unfortunately in this case, there are no roads shown in section 36 where
their property is. The land owner had already looked at it, and said he
had exhausted all the internet resources he knew of. The county
government's plat records only go back 20 years, surprisingly. I
discovered that the Missouri Historical Society Library has a 1912
scanned plat book. Unfortunately, it only shows the main road going
through section 36.  But thanks to Angie for telling me about the 1920
road map of the county that the Society has. I passed that information
on to the folks.  Hopefully it will show their road and help their case.

Jim

Jim Coombs
Map Librarian
Duane G Meyer Library