From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 17:29:57 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 16:01:21 -0400
From: Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: invitation to join new list
Sender: Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>

For fellow catalogers on Maps-l I'd like to invite you to join Jenny
Stone's new list, called GIS4LIB, intended as a forum for individuals
working in libraries that offer GIS services and collections. Not that
Maps-l is also an appropriate place to discuss GIS/Libraries issues, but in
chatting with Jenny last week I realized that this could be an alternative
place for catalogers coping with cataloging GIS and other related spatial
data to post questions and answers. Jenny had 50 subscribers the first two
days her list was up and its growing. We can certainly use both of these
lists to our advantage of course, but perhaps gis4libs, being a more
focused topic, can assist us catalogers by being just as focused in that
realm as well. Good luck to Jenny in this endeavor!

Sincerely,

Paige Andrew
Maps Cataloger
Penn State University Libraries